Tuesday, 28 July 2009
In this particular part, they mention the popular show Grey's Anatomy. The main character, Meredith Grey, is known for her subtle sense of humor. She often gives people nicknames. She calls Dr. Derek Shepherd, McDreamy, as probably the next "dreamy" guy to come along in her life. Meredith was the one who also came up with the name "McSteamy" for Dr Sloan who is Derek's good friend and really hot, too.
Watch the video and see how David Letterman uses this joke to make fun of some famous people.
Do you recognize their faces? Why do you think they gave them those nicknames?
Friday, 17 April 2009
Monday, 13 April 2009
Tuesday, 24 March 2009
· Tipping in Iceland is considered an insult.
· People swallow about a pound of insects per year! There are even tiny pieces of insects in food!!
· The average life of a taste bud is 10 days.
· Ketchup was originally sold as a medicine in the 1830's.
· Butterflies taste with their feet.
· A duck's quack does not echo, and no one knows why.
· Average lifespan of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
· American's eat an average of 18 acres of pizza a day.
· A crocodile always grows its teeth back to replace the old ones.
· American Airlines saved $40,000 by removing one olive from every salad in 1987.
· An ant will always fall on its right side when intoxicated. (did someone pay money for this study?)
· The Chico, CA city council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons, setting a $500 fine for anyone who detonates one in city limits.
· Starfish don't have brains.
· The bible is the world's most shoplifted book. (sad but true)
· The Main library at Indiana, University sinks 1 inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
· Odds of hitting jackpot on a slot machine are 889 to 1.
· The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as blood plasma.
· Giant tortoises live between 150-200 years. (no wonder they are so slow!)
· If the entire population of China were to walk in front of you in a single file line, it would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
· A 'jiffy' actually means 1/100th of a second.
· Canada is an Indian word meaning 'big village'.
· In America, you're more likely to be hurt by a vending machine than a bear.
· The deer is the most dangerous animal in America.
Tuesday, 10 March 2009
Aussies: Dislike being mistaken for Pommies (Brits) when abroad.
Canadians: Are rather indignant about being mistaken for Americans when abroad.
Americans: Encourage being mistaken for Canadians when abroad.
Brits: Can't possibly be mistaken for anyone else when abroad.
Aussies: Believe you should look out for your mates.
Brits: Believe that you should look out for those people who belong to your club.
Americans: Believe that people should look out for & take care of themselves.
Canadians: Believe that that's the government's job.
Aussies: Are extremely patriotic to their beer.
Americans: Are flag-waving, anthem-singing, and obsessively patriotic to the point of blindness.
Canadians: Can't agree on the words to their anthem, when they can be bothered to sing them.
Brits: Do not sing at all but prefer a large brass band to perform the anthem.
More on that ... (very funny!!!)